Pronunciation Power CD-ROMs can be copied to and ran from your hard drive if you have enough hard disk space to do so.
Windows users can follow these steps:
- Create a new folder in your “Program Files” folder on your “C:\” drive (or other drive where there is enough room) and name the new folder “Pronunciation Power”.
- Created another new folder inside the new “Pronunciation Power” folder and name it “8 in 1 English Dictionary”, “Pronunciation Power 1″ or “Pronunciation Power 2″ depending which product you are going to copy.
- Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. If it automatically starts the program, wait for the program to launch and then quit the program.
- At the desktop go to “My Computer” (choose “My Computer” from the “Start” menu).
- Right-click on the CD-ROM icon of the Pronunciation Power product and choose “Explore”. A window showing the contents of the CD-ROM will appear.
- Select all the files from the CD-ROM by hitting “Ctrl-a” on your keyboard (this is the same as choosing “Select All” from the Edit menu).
- Drag the selected files from the CD-ROM into the new folder you created in step 2. Copying will start.
- After all the files have copied, open the folder with the copied files and double-click the program icon (the one with the .exe extension).
- You may want to make a shortcut of the .exe and place it on your desktop for easy access.
- Downloadable versions of the Pronunciation Power products can be downloaded and installed using their built-in installer. If you prefer to do this instead of copying the CD-ROM to your hard disk, contact ECLI support and we will give you the download locations.
Macintosh users can follow these steps:
- Insert the CD-ROM into your computer.
- Copy the Pronunciation Power program from the CD-ROM into the Applications folder on your Macintosh HD.